Saturday, June 10, 2006

I'm really a dad

So I'm really a daddy. It's hard to believe, but this child just isn't going away. The first week or so, you have this feeling that this kid's parents are coming back any minute to take him back home, and then it dawns on you....you ARE his parents! Honestly, we have been really enjoying it. We have enjoyed getting to know Harrison and getting to learn his personality and temperament and that he already has likes and dislikes: he likes mom, and dislikes baths (I don't think that's all that unique, though). The cats are starting to realize that this is one crying thing that isn't going to leave any time soon, either, so they are starting to try and make friendly with him. Inde sniffs him down good every morning to make sure it's the same kid and we aren't trying to pull a fast one on him and change babies. I think he does get a little confused when we give Harrison a bath; he must smell a little different. All in all, it's been a good experience, so far. I know it's no where near over, but we really enjoy being parents, especially when he's so cute.

In other news, we found out recently that Devynn won't have to go back to work so soon, because I got a promotion at work, and have been hired on full-time as a trainee in the Financial Services side at our branch. The training is 3 months, but it's a position I have been working for now for quite some time, and I am very excited to start. After the 3 months, I will get posted to a permanent branch in the city -- mine is just going to train me. It's been a good couple of weeks, to say the least.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sariah said...

Congratulations! That is great news, and Devynn will love the extra time home with Harrison!

The Lord always has things lined up for us (even when we don't realize it), it's a wonderful thing to realize that He really is in control. :)

6:59 PM  
Blogger Devynn said...

Thanks for working SO hard so Harrison and I can stay home. We love staying home. We miss you when you are gone and wish you could be with us.

----------------------------------
Thanks for working so hard, Daddy. I love to stay home and play with mommy!!!!!

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats.
Why do you call yourself "Shrink daddy" & "Brian the shrink" when you work in a bank?

5:39 PM  
Blogger Brian - the Shrink said...

The reason for the "shrink" comments, is I am currently in school doing a degree in Psychology. I am taking a temporary hiatus, but hope to return to it soon.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home