Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The waiting game

You know, it seems like yesterday we found out we were pregnant. Then, it wasn't very long until we passed that "magical" threshold when it is relatively safe to tell your family and friends. Then, we passed the milestones of listening to the heartbeat, watching the movements, having the pre-term scares, etc. The time has flown by. NOW IT IS STANDING STILL!!! As we wait for this baby to come, the days seem to drag on and on, but still no baby. I know I'm not a very patient person, but it would be nice if we didn't have to wait any longer. It doesn't even seem real anymore; it just seems like Devynn has not been eating that well, and has gotten a little bit of a gut. But, I'm reminded that that's not the truth when I see her "gut" kick or roll over or do 3 backflips with 1 1/2 twists.
It is just so hard to wait right now, but as my wonderful mother-in-law so aptly pointed out, what's a few more days in the whole scheme of things? When they are 25, a couple of days doesn't really matter that much.
I guess she's right, but still....I WANT MY BABY!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sariah said...

It is so exciting and I don't blame you for feeling impatient! I'm starting to feel a little that way and I still have two months to go! lol

You wonder, what will he/she look like? And in your case is it a he or a she? And you just want to hold them! Yeah, I'm with you... :)

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home