Saturday, April 08, 2006

It's almost time!!

Wow, this is beginning to be more and more real as the time draws near. Devynn measured 36 cm at her last doctor's appointment. Also, that same night we went to our first birthing class at one of the hospitals here in town. It is making everything more real. We put the baby seat in the car, the nursery is ready to go, we have diapers, wipers, and more in a bag ready for the hospital. Whenever we go to Lethbridge to visit Devynn's family, we make sure to pack a "just-in-case" bag for her and baby. I am excited feeling the baby kick and be awake, and to get to have a glimpse of its personality. It is amazing to think that there is a little life inside of her that we are going to meet in the next few weeks or so. I am just in awe at the wonder of life, and I am sure that it will be more wonderful as we are in the delivery room waiting to meet this new one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Devynn said...

I don't know if "wonderful" is what I will be saying during labour LOL

12:28 AM  
Blogger Sariah said...

True Devynn, lol. When I was preparing to be induced, my husband gave me a blessing. I told him that he left out the two most important words: quick and painless! lol

But even with the "magic words" left out, the blessing helped alot - make sure you get one!!! (Brian - make sure you give her one!!!)

You can do it!!! And when it's all OVER - you will begin to feel the "wonder" too. (At least, this is what I'm trying to remind myself as I think about going through it all again this summer too, lol.)

(I have a friend who lives in Lethbridge - Do you know Landon Cameron?)

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Devynn's pic on the other blog, she looks ready to pop! The last seven weeks are going to seem to take forever but they are the most important. For every week the baby stays in they gain 1/2 a pound which is a lot in a little one. Not so great for Devynn who looks like she is struggling moving around though.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home