Monday, March 06, 2006

Is this REALLY happening?

I still don't believe that we are really having a baby. Devynn is getting really big, so it looks like she could have it any day, although she isn't due for another three months. We have almost everything ready in the baby's room. I am so excited that if there is anything to do, even if it is little, to get ready for this new addition, I am trying to do it. I put the pad and sheet on the crib mattress last night, and started getting the diaper bag ready. Like I have any freaking idea how to put a diaper bag together for the hospital. I can only imagine that it involves lots of diapers and wipers, and I would imagine some clothes. Anything else I will need to put in it?

I am sure the pre-natal classes will also give some insight, but I want to be as prepared as I can be.

I don't think any other father-to-be has ever been this excited! Of course they have, but I think it's such an amazing journey we are about to enter. I know it's not just cuddles and giggles, but I am so excited to meet the little life form that has been sleeping (not really all the time) in Devynn's belly the last 6 months. I am excited for the challenges it will bring (although, I'm sure if you ask me that in 6 months, I might disagree) and to try and teach this child what is right. I think my parents taught me so much, and taught me how to be a good person, how to respect others and be polite, that I wonder if I can do as good of a job. There is so much I want for this and all of our children, but I wonder if I can accomplish it. I guess time will only tell.

4 Comments:

Blogger Devynn said...

you are so funny!!! That's why I love you!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Alyson said...

I don't think it hit Tim until 2 months after we had Dakota

5:00 PM  
Blogger Sariah said...

I love to see the transformation of a man into a daddy! It is amazing. Peanut is lucky to have such devoted parents who love him/her so much!

(The hospital will probably provide all the diapers you need, just bring one or two for when you change the baby to go home.)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Devynn said...

LOL, Alyson -- you are funny!

Sariah -- it would be nice if the hospitals here provided anything, but they don't. I was shocked to learn that you have to bring your own diapers and wipers and EVERYTHING you need. Oh, well!

Brian you are so adorable! If I had known watching you get ready for this baby would have been so fun, maybe we would have tried for one earlier -- probably not, though, I think this is just the right time for us!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home