Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Harrison is home!

We brought little Harrison home on Monday afternoon, but had a rough night with him that night. I think it was just everyone getting into a routine and figuring out what was going on with this new baby thing. The cats are doing pretty good with it all. I think they are just waiting until his parents take him home so they can have their people back. Have I got news for them! They will be alright in the end. Last night was a better night. Mommy felt a little better, so she tended to Harrison through the night so daddy could get some rest so he could go back to work today. We'll see how that goes. Don't get me wrong, I will be trying to do my share, but I think it was good that Dev let me rest so I could be chipper-ish for work.
It's amazing that you can love a little guy so much. All of our friends said that his cry won't affect you as much as when someone else's kid is crying; it won't make you as anxious. They were right, even though I didn't believe them. I can listen to him cry, and it actually makes me laugh. Maybe that's bad, but I think it's funny that he can get himself so worked up, but that's OK. He needs to develop those lungs, I guess. If you ask me, they are a little overdeveloped. He's such a cutie, though, and I love him so much. And, loving him, and having him home reminds me how much I love Devynn, and makes that love even stronger, I think. She's such a trooper, and I'm glad she went through all of that and not me.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, it's harder for me to hear my kids than anyone else's. Oh well. I'm glad it's going well! Can't wait to see you guys...

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Devynn is recovering so quickly & can care for her sweet bundle.
He sure looks super cute. Those little cheeks make me want to reach out and kiss em and squeeze em too. :)
Good luck in the months ahead!!!

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me give you a little advice. Get up with that baby in the night no matter how grumpy you will be at work the next day or week or month. Let your wife rest/sleep all she can. If you don't your life will be hell on earth. She did after all just have major surgery and she carried that 10 pounder for 9 months. Get up, smile and don't expect a thank you. That's what dad's are supposed to do. From one dad to another, welcome to the real world, forget what you thought was right and suck it up.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Brian - the Shrink said...

To be quite honest, I get up when I'm needed. Devynn doesn't want me to get up, and quite frankly, I agree with her. There is nothing I can do for that little baby except get him from his crib and change his diaper. She sometimes has me do that, but most times, she doesn't even wake me up, so I don't have a choice but to not get up. Plus, he is only feeding 2 times at night. I realize it ws major surgery, but Dev is the type of person who likes to do things at her own pace and she lets you know when she wants you to pitch in more.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I said, from one father to another, you REALLY need to get with the program. I'll tell you, mothers often get overwhelmed (not matter how much they think they can "do it all") and a bout of post partum depression, whether severe or just a touch) will tilt your little world on it's end. Get with the program, you aren't a babysitter, you are a parent now. Your wife does not need to ASK for help for you to give it. Just think about, I've been through it 4 times.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Brian - the Shrink said...

OK. Thank you for your opinion.

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh*...new parents.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, anonymous wth 4 kids...mind you own business!!!!!Brian & Devynn will work out a routine that works best for them...

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Other anonymous you know I am right. Give it up.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Devynn said...

To Anonymous #1 -- This is the wife who just had the baby here -- leave hubby alone. He is doing an amazing job. I am a strong woman. I am asking for help when I need it and I would be ticked off if he just butted in and took over, when I can do it and it is my job to do it. I don't need a tired hubby who can't do his job properly. My job is to take care of the baby, which is what I'm doing; his job is to take care of us, which is what he is doing.
Don't diss on someone you don't know and a relationship you know nothing about. If you knew us, you wouldn't have said anything like you have. Maybe your wife needed more help than I would. I did just have major surgery, and I'm recovering VERY well. I am not overdoing it, but I'm not wimping out either. I rest when the baby rests and I am taking things easy.
And my hubby gets thanks all the time for what he does; it is unfortunate your wife doesn't appreciate you. Marriages don't survive when couples don't appreciate each other.
If you don't have anything uplifting and/or nice to say, go away.

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO sad. It is terrible when people just can't ge along (I am not anonymous #1).

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home